Monday, December 27, 2010

singaporean mob boss

This shirt I found on one of my thrift-store hunts. It was only 1 dollar! I was really drawn to the paisley print--it looked so cultural :P

before
mom: are you serious? that looks like a shirt that belongs to a singaporean mob boss
I guess I could see the rational behind my mom's comment--the shirt DID have a tinge of asian flavor to it. I decided to go with the asian theme and make the shirt even more asian, just for a girl :P

I adjusted collar, added middle band, and some ironing, cutting and sewing later...

the after, with grandma and brother...and new (super short >__>) haircut:
i also added those stripe-y things in the middle (can you guess where they are from? :))
Overall, pretty satisfied, although adding the middle band was a lot harder than it looked. I couldn't find reddish fabric to match the trimming on the shirt, so I used an old tan tshirt for the band instead. I like how it breaks up the pattern.

Merry Christmas everyone :D!

No comments:

Post a Comment