Monday, December 13, 2010

valu-plus XXL shirt

Valu-plus is a store just across the street from our apartment that happened to be going out of business this past week. As a result, they are liquidating pretty much all their goods, including plain cotton t-shirts. Normally, I never buy just plain cotton T's, but ever since I started following sewing blogs, I've had an urge to grab every cheap fabric source I can get at to practice sewing xD Here's a shirt I found for <$1!

before:
jared's subway commercial take 2 xD
Haha I really have a soft spot for these XXL shirts--mostly because they can easily become tunics ;)



To alter this, I brought in the sides and used the extra fabric to make rosettes for the collar.


after:
best thing about being short is that you can take adv. of these xxl shirts xD
closeup of the rosettes:


No comments:

Post a Comment